CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sucker for Love

My very loyal readers... I hope you wouldn't mind my brief diversion from sport topics for the moment. I only do this for the fact that nothing too interesting has arose from sports for the moment, but of course for the fact that the Houston Rockets are on the role setting a new record for the second team to hold the longest winning streak of 22 straight wins in NBA history coming from the 10Th to 1ST position in the Western conference division(Full story would be available on the up coming blog). But I assure you all that as soon as something vital takes place I shall return to the regularly scheduled topics. Rather what I would like to address today is a topic which we all might have had some kind of brush with. The topic in question is Love. When I speak of Love, I do not mean the love between you and your parents. Instead what I'm referring to is "the so called love" between young people. you know the butterflies, Nome knees, and the list goes on and on, don't get me started on that. I believe you are getting the idea that i think is all bullshit. I mean come on do we really believe in that crap they say about soul mate and somebody for everyone in life? Which is all cock and bull in my opinion.
First what is Love? I think that is the question we should be asking ourselves and I don't mean that crap they put in the dictionary about an intense romantic or sexual attachment to someone. Let me save you your indulgence , because all love is, "is a temporary state of insanity" period. and I have a question for my female readers. Why the hell do you people find it so appealing for a guy, to be more specific your boyfriend, to always say "I LOVE YOU TOO" just because you said it? here is what i think, I believe that the only reason we buy into these love thing is because everyone is so afraid of being alone we say anything just to establish self-fulfillment and that is what I call bullshit, but like I said that's just me. I can't speak for the ladies but as a man I think the day you say those words to a woman your life is done,toast,finished I could go on all day but not to be over dramatic you get the point.

5 comments:

MalmsteenRulez! said...

Well excuse me....women in general are more emotional creatures than men. So yeah, most women are more romantic than men. But not all women are like that, though. Some women are more career oriented than others. I think I'm one of those women. I've never ever been so blinded by love before. I mean I fell in love with some guys before but not too much that he's the only one that matters in my life. In my opinion, love is just not some temporary "intense romantic feeling or sexual attraction". I think you define infatuation right there. Love takes a lot of work. It takes patience, understanding, loyalty and lots and lots of affection. If you really love someone, you'd stick by him/her through ups and downs. I also don't believe in love at first sight. How could you love someone at first sight? That's just physical attraction, not love. To love someone, you got to know the person inside and out and accept them for whoever they are. Oh one more thing, you say once a man says "I Love You" to their girl, their life is toast. Well....I really don't agree with you there. There are some things that a girl gives up too. I mean most women give up their career to be housewives, right? Is that not a big sacrifice? I think you're talking about those ultra clingy, childish girls. I dunno 'cause I'm not like that.

Molly said...

Your question? Saying "I love you too" isn't what every girl wants to hear. Thats so meaningless, and makes it feel so obligated. They wanna hear you say it first. Which does not in any way mean they want you to say it all the time. Then it seems meaningless too.

And there's no definition for love. Love is whatever people make of it. It's different for everyone. Maybe its that whole heavy chest, little girl feeling. Or it could be because no matter what you cant get mad at them or they make you smile and laugh like you never had before. It could even be because he's the first guy you've never wanted to cheat on or felt like he's enough. Its anything to a shitload of different people.

I feel so gay right now.

And, ugh, the soulmate thing? NAH. But I do believe there's only one person that can make you completely happy.

Once you meet the right girl and tell her you'll realize that your life isn't over. Its just getting better.

And hell, if it is a temporary state of insanity, its the best one there is.

Edwin said...

I respect every bodies opinion about these topic. But I wouldn't say that has changed my own prospective on how I feel about love.I certainly understand that a lot of people see it in a different way, I guess that's what makes each and everyone of us different from each other.But for now is still my word against yours.

Anonymous said...

Poor Eddie must have got his heart broken or never really been in love, sorry. Your opinion about love is whack but it's yours anyway. Love is more than a temporary state of insanity and all that stuff you talk about, you have to experience it to know. I for one doesn't have to get overheels for none one, I have been in love and have not gotten crazy. I agree with Dinar that what you are talking about is infactuation, not love. Females like to hear guys say it because some men lack emotions and find it hard to express themselves. Women are more expressive and we give up way more when it comes to relationship than men. All some women want is just a little time from men, but women give up careers, make sacrifices, basically their lives.

Yanizie said...

Every body wants to know what its like to be in love because its a good feeling knowing that you found someone to care about other than yourself and hope they feel the same way.

I hate to be corny but love can make people crazy, drive them to their breaking point, make them lose themselves, and become dependent on someone else but love is beautiful its worth giving it a try.

The point about girls always wanting their boyfriends to say I love you too its because we want to know how you feel because if you don't what's the point of even continuing the relationship its going nowhere.